Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday Lunch

We had "Italy, Italy, Italy" as our theme for cooking and lunch today.

The menu was:

  • Carbonara Sauce
  • Arrabiata Sauce
  • Napolitana Sauce
  • Spaghetti
  • Gnocchi with Sage and Butter Sauce
  • Giant Shells Stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach
  • Giant Shells Stuffed with Mushrooms
  • Pumpkin Risotto
  • Garden Salad
I guessed before I got there that my meat would be still frozen (I forgot to call last night and remind someone to pull it out of the freezer) so I just rearranged things for an almost vegetarian spread instead (the carbonara sauce had bacon in it). I am nothing if not flexible :-)

I think we all worked really well together - and although it
was a really easy cook, we got it all done sooner rather than later so it was very stress free.

Some of the recipes (like the risotto) I just passed on verbally while others, like the sauces, I actually had a written recipe for the lovelies. Now I have to admit that is more good luck than anything - I had made those sauces before and documented them accordingly. I keep forgetting that most folks like recipes written down and don't just automatically file them away in their memory banks like a certain MG :-)

Oh yes, I made my $3 a head budget :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to always visit here around dinnertime and ...salivate!

Anonymous said...

I seem to always visit here around dinnertime and ...salivate!

Unknown said...

tasted every bit as delicious as it looks, well done pearl, you rock xo

Indigo-Daisy said...

Wow that looks like food laid out for some kind of banquet! Yummy indeed! Italian is my absolute favorite.