Thursday, April 17, 2008

String Theory

During my self-imposed sabbatical from the world I have finally figured out string theory. Actually I should rephrase that before the Nobel prize people come flocking to my doorstep, "I have finally figured out what they are talking about". In words and images I can understand ... or at least I think I have lol.

The ability of my mind to deal with quantum physics is extremely limited and this might be as far as I get but I do enjoy the challenge - especially as I don't actually have anyone to ask and I am dependent on podcasts and Google.

I also acknowledge that I stopped learning science (officially) over 20 years ago so I am a bit behind the eight-ball when trying to understand the quantum world but I love an intellectual challenge. Maybe I should ask Dr Karl or Adam Spencer, they explain things in ways that i can understand :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Tis all Chinese to me I'm afraid...but you go girl get stuck into it...

Unknown said...

did i ever tell you that science confuses me as much a numbers....???? well it does, but you go girl, i can feel a book coming on ... quantum physics as it applies to cooking...lol

ps i have no idea what i just said..lol

Unknown said...

now I like that idea - quantum cooking :-)

Vickie said...

Tell me what you've read, seen that is of the quantum physics variety. It is a challenging subject but intriquing too. Everybody should see 'What the Bleep'.