Sunday, April 6, 2008

Auntie Pearl Update

Yah! After expressing my concerns about one of the Stardoll club's, I formed my own - setting up a responsible place to ask questions you don't want to talk to your folks about. And I have just had my first question!

After seeing some of the girls that come through at work that have had to manage all by themselves (on the big issues as well as the small), and seeing that other club that was so lacking in real information, it is so important that we (society) care for our kids and give them safe spaces :-)

Okay, I don't know everything, and I am trying not to pontificate here, I am just really pleased that someone has responded to my offer of support.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great solution!!!

:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Anony :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Auntie Pearl, you rock..and if you get stuck on a question...throw it out here and someone will have an answer...x

Unknown said...

I surely will :-)

Jason said...

It's cool that you're willing to do that...but be careful.

People on the 'net are crazy (I should know...)

M said...

Dear Auntie Pearl,

I am a pediatric nurse practitioner and part of my practice is spent in a women's health clinic. I love working with adolescent females. They can be so challenging to the adults around them and they often feel comfortable asking THOSE questions to someone other than their parents. You are offering them a great solution...a cyber auntie! Someone they don't have to look in the eyes with their most embarassing questions. Someone who will not judge them for their questions and their need to know something specific.

I would be happy to provide you with 'international consultation' if you need any! Adolescents are pretty typical across the equator...

M

Unknown said...

See that is the good thing about being a blogger - they don't just get me, they have a whole tribe of cyber Aunts :-) You legends!

Indigo-Daisy said...

What a wonderful thing you have started! Sending you warm blessings for this new venture =)

Unknown said...

go auntie go....i love your practical solution here xo