Monday, April 7, 2008

Learning

I woke up a few hours ago and thought I would just stay in bed (yes my ready- for- winter- snuggly- bed) and see if I could get back to sleep before I go to work tonight. Alas the sleep did not come but, thanks to my pod, my time hasn't been wasted.

I have been listening to stuff on quantum physics and the Theory of Everything (still trying to grasp that one), Sappho and her poetry, the American election, an analysis of Australia politics, a look at a criminal/victim reconciliation program being run in WA, a discussion on the theory that light can be made solid, a history of the pub in Australia and .. well that's all I can think of at the moment. Long live the ABC!

I was told a while ago that I don't put enough stuff that I do on this blog, it is just snippets. Probably because this is the sort of stuff that I do, I learn whatever I can on whatever subject I can find and then share it with whoever - even if it is the blogsphere :-)

No wonder people want me for my brain and not my body ha ha ha (yes that's a long running inside joke!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have just realized why I sometimes have difficulty in fitting in with the world :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh you giddy goat...sounds like a perfect night for the Goddess...just need a bowl of hot soup and I may join you...

with all those things you like to learn you should head for the 'Duckpond' you could discuss all sorts of things (currently dance & communication)...make sure u rug up tonight...x

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

ps I think you fit in just perfectly...x

Unknown said...

mwah ... and yes I glanced at Duckpond earlier and thought I might go swimming over there tonight :-)

Indigo-Daisy said...

Oh I love to learn as well, however I don't have a lot of patience and want to learn things all at once.

Being a hands on type of person, I typically tend to jump in way over my head, make a lot of mistakes, but just enough to be almost dangerous. However once I have learned it, I learn it well.

Unknown said...

where's the duckpond...hhmmmm???