Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mexican Madness

Today was cooking group day - and we were heading south of the border. I was most insistent that we would have 'real' Mexican food - no yellow boxes and no Tex-Mex - but time is a constant constraint so I had to concede compromise here and there. I also had to end of the mild end of the fire scale - just out of respect for those who don't have iron guts like me :-) But I did provide jalepenos for those who wanted to kick it up a notch :-)

So our menu was:
  • Beef chilli
  • Vegetarian chilli
  • Refried beans
  • Salsa
  • Corn cobettes
  • Mexican rice
  • Mexican spiced chicken
  • Corn bread
We made out own spice blends (very satisfying) and cooked from scratch. I did initially plan to turn our tortillas into chimichangas, quesadillas and enchiladas but our team took a vote and we decided burritos would be just fine.

So, now that I am taking requests, next week is Japanese food (with Kyles as our resident sushi queen sharing her expertise), followed by an Indian feast.

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

guess what i had for dinner...lol..though mujst admit I hooked into the jalepenos...mmmmmm

Unknown said...

twas a sumptious feast dear pearl, i enjoyed every bite! must admit i groaned when moth served me up a whole cob of corn for dinner tonight (after i ate a heap at lunch!)

more importantly for me than the food (hey i live in a house where we all have turns of cooking and i eat some god awful meals) was the company, and the feel of the house, it was an absolute delight today, thank you my dear xo

the only thing more fun was watching you bravely be led out to see the surprise out the back, hopefully it will add to your wednesday cooking group and you will get lots of enjoyment out of it xo

pita-woman said...

LOVE! Mexican food. 'specially quesadillas. Yummm!!

Unknown said...

I think I have inspired myself and will make a pot of chili on my next day off (next Thursday) when I have 10 hours spare to cook it properly :-)