Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Challenge

I have just found a new challenge for Thursday - appropriately called Booking Through Thursday. I have done their challenge for this week so I have randomly selected an old one to start with :-)

What’s your favorite book that nobody else has heard of? You know, not Little Women or Huckleberry Finn, not the latest best-seller . . . whether they’ve read them or not, everybody “knows” those books. I’m talking about the best book that, when you tell people that you love it, they go, “Huh? Never heard of it?”


I probably have a thousand I could add here - well a dozen anyway - but to narrow down the list:

Cane River by Lalita Tademy
The Color of Water by James McBride
The American Woman's Cookbook

Ask me tomorrow and I may have a new list :-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm afraid if i played this one it would be a short game for me unless you included the world atlas, two family bibles (great for holding down the hotwheels track btw) and a squillion dr suess books....smiles... oh i am woman of taste..lol... xo

Unknown said...

I love your collection! Dr Seuss (fun, ecology, literature), the Bible (spirituality, history and ethics) and an Atlas (geography, politics) ... lets face it, you are a genius :-)

pita-woman said...

Some of my favorites from childhood: "The Resident Witch", "Sundust, Devil Horse", and "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret"

Unknown said...

how about "For the term of his natural life" by Marcus Clarke - Convict era based around Port Arthur mainly - must get another cpoy and reread it

Unknown said...

Now this is a great way for me to collect lists of more books to read :-)