Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Change

My Mum and Dad are separating after 14 years. It is so very weird. There is no apparent animosity between the two, life is just pulling in different directions. It is so very weird.

When my Dad and biological mom separated I went into overdrive of organizing - is my brother being picked up from school, does Dad need a hand packing, what are we having for dinner? I actually made a date in my diary six weeks from the separation to go and sit on a hill at my Uncle and Aunts farm to have a period (one hour) of mourning (which was really good cos the dogs came with me and they licked away my tears and listened with heartfelt passion to my stories and venting).

This time it is different. It is weird. I am not sure how I feel or do I feel anything yet?

Yes it is all very weird.

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Mmmm its funny how even as adults, we are still children. For all our adult understanding, the child still cries and says 'hold on, what about me', and mourns ... thoughts are with you darling Goddess...x

Indigo-Daisy said...

How wonderful you have a special place to sit and ponder and shed your tears. I remember a time when I wanted to just go somewhere and cry and didn't have a place to go. At the time I was sharing a room which had a public bath and I didn't want anyone to see me cry.

Having a special place like this where a gentle breeze can kiss away your tears (and doggie kisses) has such a healing effect. Life goes on despite our pain and time soon mends.

Sending you thoughts of peace.

~Deborah

pita-woman said...

Are you close with your step-mother? If so, then I think you'll still retain her as a friend in your life, just at a different address.
We all need a place we can seek out to hide away from the rest of the world, whether to mourn, reflect, or just to have some peace in our lives. You place sounds very special.

Unknown said...

I am close to my (step) Mom and my Dad so although there will be change, I don't actually lose anything - for which I am very grateful.

It is just the change (and, to be honest, triggers from "last time") that is unsettling.

Fortunately I had organized days ago to go to the mountain today (co-incidence that last time it was a hill and this time it is a mountain?) so I can photograph this afternoon and cook for the family tonight. So I will get to take photos (happy me) and cook (happy me) and be smothered in love (happy me) so it will be a good time to find my peace.

Thank you for your oh-so-kind thoughts ladies. Very much appreciated.