Thursday, April 24, 2008

Book Challenge

I’ve always wondered what other people do when they come across a word/phrase that they’ve never heard before. I mean, do they jot it down on paper so they can look it up later, or do they stop reading to look it up on the dictionary/google it or do they just continue reading and forget about the word?

I try and figure out the meaning from the context, or the actual structure of the word (simple example biology - bio and ology). Nonetheless, I end up heading to the dictionary/google before I go any further :-)

2 comments:

M said...

Right to google.com for me! Sometimes I make a note of it on my Blackberry and look it up later but my memory sucks so I try to do it right away.

pita-woman said...

Oh Pearl, I've said it before & I'm saying it again... you sound just like me!!
I'm forever grabbing a dictionary if I can't figure a word out from the context, and if I don't have a dictionary handy, then I dogear the page so I can go back later.
My co-worker once told me that the way I read a book was a whole new experience for her.