Saturday, April 19, 2008

Nostaligic Saturday


I don't have old photos so I have pinched one and can tell you a story to match it.

There were a number of different dams around Harvey (my home town) that made great picnic, fishing, water skiing or swimming spots.

This one is an old photo of Stirling Dam. I haven't been there since forever but it was about 30 minutes east of town (going from memory anyway). This made it even more special because there were at least 4 dams that were closer so it wasn't one that I went to often. I remember driving past my Principal's house on the way (and we went there for a Sunday School Picnic one year) and that meant we were nearly there. Stirling Dam is a great expanse of water surrounded by trees, trees and more trees and really is a little drop of heaven. You could go to the popular spots - and catch up with the rest of town. Or go to one of the hundreds (or should that be thousands) of little hidey holes that afforded the visitor privacy.

A special day and, now I think of it, some great memories :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember the principal's name - it was Mr Carmody (Ron I think). His wife was a delight and she was the school nurse at the high school.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh I love this MG...Isn't it amazing, finding, writing then posting old photos triggers little memories that one thought we're long buried... thanks for joining in...Love Abz