Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Disconcerting Dream

I was going to call this 'Bad Dream' but my dream last night wasn't bad - it was disconcerting.

The content is generally irrelevant but goes along the line of it's New Years Eve, and I am hanging out on a beach with old school friends. Then I see John with someone else I get all insecure and jealous.

There are two things that bug me about this dream. Number 1 is that these same three school friends keep popping up periodically. Now having said they were friends is probably stretching it a bit - I just hung out with them for 12 years (I didn't really fit in anywhere else). They were nice people but I don't think I have spoken to them since I graduated.

Number 2 is watching me being jealous and petty. I hate that and never want to be that person ever again (been there done that).

So I awoke this morning, after having a fever and feeling poorly last night, feeling very flat indeed. Fortunately it is my day off so I have been able to get some replacement sleep in but I still feel unsettled.

So what do I do in moments like this, well I blog of course :-)

3 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I'm the wrong person to comment love..I dont believe in dream inturpretation...I think it means to me that you have been going through change and have moved on...

I don't dream which is a good thing

Unknown said...

perhaps this dream was just a reminder of how far you have come? or else it's the fever talkin...hhmmm... xo

pita-woman said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has those kind of dreams. I probably have at least a couple a month that include people I went to school with (not friends per say), and I can never figure out why these people are suddenly popping into my dreams when I've not seen them in 20 years or more.