Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

It was time to spend some time with the lovelies in the kitchen again. Have I mentioned how much I love cooking group lol.

Well today we headed west again - yes we cooked Indian. Okay I know we have done it before but apparently that was so long ago it was worth the re-visit (and none of our lovelies were around).

Anyway, this time the menu consisted of:

Beef Vindaloo
Chicken Tikka
Mixed Vegetable Curry
Cauliflower and Potato Curry
Spiced Green Peas (Ghoogni)
Potatoes and Carrots (Aloo Gajjar)
Chickpea Fritters
Cucumber Raita
Dhaal
Chapatis (homemade of course)

A veritable feast to behold I can tell you!

Now I have to admit that I have virtually no confidence that anyone actually *really* followed their recipe - going to have to go through that next week but anyway - things were eaten, complimentary comments were made to the respective cooks and we got through it in one piece. Can I really ask any more ha ha ha?

I will have all the recipes on Yummy Tucker tomorrow :-)

4 comments:

Indigo-Daisy said...

I will have to check out Yummy Tucker

Unknown said...

Yes my enthusiasm overfloweth (and I am in Shakespeare mood) - they are all up on Yummy Tucker :-)

Unknown said...

..and i missed it, will check out recipes before next weeks shopping, was there anything particularly easy to make?

Unknown said...

Miss K, everything was super dead easy this week. We elevated the beef vindaloo a bit simply because we had to move fast to get it cooking so it had time to stew before serving (time constraints of the session) but at hoe it wouldn't be a problem.

I reckon karateman could make the lot with one hand ties behind his back :-)