Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ginger Tea to the Rescue

I finished work this morning with a tickle in my throat. I am now 'enjoying' the beginning of my first head cold of the season.

I have made a big pot of vegetable and barley soup and I am supplementing that with cups of strong ginger and honey tea. I am snuggled in my jammies and wrapped up in my dad's bathrobe/dressing gown with my favorite socks on.

Okay it may not make it go away but I am feeling very nurtured so that has got to count for something :-)

So if I can just better by tomorrow morning so I can do my cooking group the world will be complete. Or, failing that, I need to find a surgical mask on my way to work so I am not breathing on the food lol

3 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Gees get well soon chicki...I'll chance a cold for some of ya cooking this arvo...x

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! By the way, I'm trying to get everyone to link you up this week for the Love Q. Hope you are up to it. :)

Unknown said...

Could me in aud - and I will try to be more romantic this week :-)

Food should be okay Abz - long live pseudoephedrine - but my absolute worst group (hands down) ever. Left early and have come home to go back to bed...