Thursday, May 1, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Quick! It’s an emergency! You just got an urgent call about a family emergency and had to rush to the airport with barely time to grab your wallet and your passport. But now, you’re stuck at the airport with nothing to read. What do you do?? And, no, you did NOT have time to grab your bookbag, or the book next to your bed. You were . . . grocery shopping when you got the call and have nothing with you but your wallet and your passport (which you fortuitously brought with you in case they asked for ID in the ethnic food aisle). This is hypothetical, remember….

First option: buy the papers
Second option: buy a book - not a trashy one, maybe a book on politics or philosophy or a cook book or all three

Booking Through Thursday

13 comments:

Alison said...

I'd really prefer to listen to music, and I usually have CD's or mp3 player with me. But that's not playing fair, is it? lol.
I don't read newspapers - Ever. I would rather not fill my mind with emotive hype and tragedies and wrong doings and politics and all of the other bias and negative 'stuff' they print. So I'd have to go with a book of some sort. Probably not a cook book though, as they make me hungry and remind me how hopeless I am in the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I went with listening to music too. Didn't think of buying a paper but that's a good idea =)

Unknown said...

I podcast my favorite radio programs so that would be on my list too (and as I carry it with me most everywhere I wouldn't have to go home to get it lol).

I love reading cookbooks - to check out their recipes as well as develop some ideas of my own. I try to read at least one different one a day - even if it is only paying attention to a specific section of the book.

Lynda said...

Of course - buy the papers! I'd probably choose a non-fiction book too ;0)

BooksPlease said...

I'd buy a paper if I couldn't buy a book.

Indigo-Daisy said...

I download both audio books and e-books from the library website that I always keep on hand for an emergency. I love my library =)

Amy said...

I usually have my iPod with me so I could listen to music, audiobooks, etc.
But if I didn't I would buy a book too.

Happy Thursday!

pita-woman said...

Buy the book.
If the cookbook revolved around crock-pot recipes, I'd probably buy it too.

Anonymous said...

Third option: write poetry!

I do that a lot!

Here is my BTT post!

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about papers! Something to read and informative for the real world! Good idea.

Donna said...

I agree. First the news and then non-fiction or semi-true are my first choices. Prices are always so high though.

Donna
http:awty.blogspot.com

Kat said...

Most likely I'd have my phone with me, so I'll be listening to music or doodling on it (if I had batteries). But yeah, getting something off the newsstand would be my first option. I think I wasted a lot of good money that way *sigh*

Unknown said...

Buy a Playboy or Mayfair - lol