Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mountaingirl on the Mountain


I went to the Mountain yesterday. I love the Mountain. Apart from glorious views and lots of trees and birds and stuff, there is a very special family I am honored to call friends.

I got there early and went and played with the camera. I won't bore you with all 124 photos today (sigh I hear you say) but I was rather impressed with some of the shots I took. Still playing with the camera and working out all of the tricks :-)

I made Creamy Chicken Soup and Tomato Soup for dinner - served with crispy on the outside/fluffy on the inside Turkish bread. Yum yum yum.

I was mobbed with hugs and kisses from the moment I walked in the door until I left this morning. Nairbe and I sat up until late debating life and just plain talking.

I slept in "my" room (in a pod off the main house) all warm and snuggly with the sounds of the forest rocking me to sleep. I awoke to the twins coming in to give me morning snuggles.

Everyone needs a place like the mountain to go to. Somewhere where the world doesn't intrude but you can be you (and all that means) and still be loved. You can give and receive in equal proportion. Okay this visit was planned days ago but given my news this week, it was even more important that I went. I had the best time :-)

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I've got to ask darling...what is a pod...lol... you should have a go at that collage thingy i did. then you can display your photos 9, 16, 25 at a time...

glad you had some well deserved R&R...

Robert said...

nothing beats a place where you are unconditionally welcome

wmmbb said...

There are differences MG. I recognize the landforms, but not all the vegetation. Could you be in the sub tropics?

pita-woman said...

Sounds like heaven, not just the locale, but the time you spent there.