Friday, May 9, 2008

Cut Finger

I am very proud that in all my years of cooking, and the occasional cut (slash and rip), I have never bled into the food.

Tonight I have kept my record intact. No, the picture isn't a shot if my finger - it is a bit worse than that. I am thinking a stitch wouldn't go astray but then I have always believed (with my vast medical knowledge) that if it only worth one stitch, then don't bother.

My cut, which was really a stab that hit the bone - and yes I felt that, is at the base of the finger near the knuckle - hence the hitting of the bone. And yes I deserve it, I was doing a stupid thing with my knife - trying to cut the serrations so I could open my bottle of balsamic vinegar (again serves me right for buying outside my 100 mile range).

The good thing is that there is no nerve damage, but typing is not a good thing at the moment (it's bleeding again). The other good things are that I have cleaned up the blood trail across the carpet and furniture (to the tissue box) and that I can use my home-made deodorant - sitting right there - as an antiseptic spray... And yes my knife was sharp so it is a lovely clean cut :-)

Another wild night with Mountaingirl I tell ya ....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything funny to say about this post but you have already - "lovely clean cut"! Hhehheee

Sorry :(

Unknown said...

A lovely clean cut (or stab or accurately) is all I have ever asked for :-) No complaints - apart form frustration at my stupidity lol

Unknown said...

youch... sounds painful, be careful when you are juggling knives, you really should juggle things that aren't so sharp until you perfect the art dear xo

pita-woman said...

OUCH!! Hate when that happens!!
I'm guilty too of using a knife to break open serated edges on bottle-tops.
This does remind me of the time my husband was using a knife to try and pry apart frozen porkchops & sliced his finger open. He did require a few stitches. ;)

Unknown said...

Yes it was ouch, I would like to add to that a dull throb through the night but i was doing something very stupid so I have lost my right to complain :-/

And yes, Miss Kyles, I have put the chainsaws away from my juggling act for the moment :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Awe... be careful love... :(

Robert said...

And all this from one whose job is to try and stop people "cutting " themselves ?? - Dont fret much MG, we've all been there, done that tho most wont admit it - :-)

Anonymous said...

People confuse me.......signed..troubled