Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pat on The Back

Wouldn't it be wonderful if now and then through the day the universe gave us a sticker of congratulations and encouragement. "Best Person in Difficult Circumstances" or "Winner - you Didn't Hit Them (although we all would have agreed it was justifiable in these circumstances)" or "Best Dinner Prepared with Three Kids Shouting and You've Had a Crap Day" or "Good Try! We Knew he Would Never Listen but It Was Worth A Go" or even just a plain "Congratulations: Tidiest House Award - Even Though it Will Only Last Until the Kids Come Home". You get the idea.

It is great that there is a range available for kids at school but sometimes I think there should be some available for the rest of the us as well

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i've been thinking i wouldn't mind the odd gotcha! and i especially love your last suggestion, i need one of them awards every saturday please? giggles

Vickie said...

The pat--its something we should give ourselves often, even when no one else is noticing!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I wanna 'Kept house free of dog crap award' even though I know it is fleeting...

Unknown said...

Lol - I agree about the pat Vicki but a sticker is more tangible :-)

Having since come up with a heap of stickers I would personally like, I do acknowledge that the pat on the back is a lot more practical :-)

And now that we are 'all grown up' who is really going to give it to us. Mind you, if I wave my magic wand, I do bequeath to Kyles and Abbey stickers that they can pull out whenever they need to :-)