Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Not Called Mountaingirl for Nothing!

I have two wonderful sleeps on the mountain - and the house to myself for the afternoon (with computer use as a bonus pleasure).

I did notice as I sat down to read my magazine that the fireplace is perfectly set out for a fire - paper in the actual fireplace with kindling through to logs lined up on the hearth. Sigh, if that wasn't a hint :-)

The came the phone call - yes I was welcome to use the computer as well as light a fire if I got cold. I responded calmly that a doona on my knees would keep me lovely and warm. There was a small pause and then "it would be nice to come home to a warm house". A girl has gotta laugh!

So the fire is roaring and I am laughing - at me this time. I took photos of my perfect firelighting techniques so I could write some wildly witty post to got with it but ... well I can't download the photos - its not my computer so you will have to take a generic shot instead and just believe that I have a roaring fire beside me ha ha ha.

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

I love a roaring fire!
We don't have a fireplace in our house (don't really care to have one as I don't like the smell it leaves afterwards), but we have had an outdoor fireplace for the past 5 or 6 years and we LOVE it!!
It becomes a gathering place for friends/neighbors that happen by.
Enjoy your reading by the fire!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Now I do miss a roaring fire.