Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love Q - The First Date

Do you think a man should pay on the first date and if he doesn’t, what would be your impression of him?

I think that whoever asks the other person out should organize and pay for the date. So if I ask I guy out, then I pay and if he asks me, then he pays. If a guy asked me out and wasn't going to pay (or hadn't made arrangements earlier) then bye bye - that is just plain rude.

I would feel intimidated if the first date was somewhere really posh and he came loaded with flowers or other gifts. My ideal would be a coffee somewhere - so that we could both have a chat in a casual atmosphere. Now if all went well this could lead to a meal on the same day, or just an invitation to catch up again soon.

My favorite first date (that I organized) was a visit to the zoo - a great walk, lots of people so minimal danger, always something to talk about (the animals if nothing else lol), no pressure. And yes I paid lol

For this week, lets give Annz and Mountaingirl some link love.

Join Love Q

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, perhaps that should be it - whoever initiates the date, pays for it. Then, we come to the next question. Should a woman pursue a man and make the first move? Aha! Maybe that would make another good Love Q...

pita-woman said...

I agree with you 100% MG!!
Oh gosh, when I think back to mine & my husband's first date... I feel a blog coming on.

Mom Knows Everything said...

It's been so long since I was on a date I don't know the rules anymore.

Unknown said...

Aud I don't have a problem with a woman making the first move, I mean with men being a bit slow to pick up hints we might be waiting forever for the invitation!

And I do feel sorry for the guys when they are "always" the ones who have to put themselves on the line - risking rejection every time - in this modern day of "equality" I think it is only fair that women accept their own share of the risk lol

Pita - look forward tot he blog.

Tammy - it is way too complex these days ... dare I say, almost too hard to be bothered with. Stay married :-)

Amidrin said...

I like your answer. Hmm... you have had your first date in a zoo? Well, here's something which doesn't quite going to happen for a first date in my country...

Anonymous said...

hmm, something special, first date in a zoo. You made a good move :)