Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Saucy Sauces

I am redoing all of my cook books for work - as well as creating some new bits and pieces. I took requests last week - marinades was a big one as was dressings and sauces. Okay there are three individual books to be written here but I figure about 20 separate recipes for each section will give them enough to go on - and I can always expand in future volumes.

As well as providing recipes, I am also trying to pass on information about the hows and why's of each heading. I found a great rundown on taste.com.au on marinades so that has been included (fully acknowledged of course).

Last night I was writing a page on mother sauces. Actually I am listing Escoffier's version of mother sauces as my list. Our lovelies aren't French chef's, or cooks in the French style, so the original five is a bit redundant for them. And besides, you can't really go past Escoffier as a font of wisdom :-)

I know a few of the lovelies won't really care (as I know quite a few adults in the same situation) but there are one or two that will get fired up with the knowledge of the concept (yes real foodies in the making!).

Long live foodies old and new :-)

No comments: