Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Days

Every time I see a Jamie Oliver book for sale through "my" Ebay seller charliejodesigns I put a $10.00 bid on - just to get things started. I quite enjoy his food although he is annoying so it is no real imperative to actually own one but I have never turned down a recipe book lol

The silly thing about young Jamie's books is that they go for the same price as new ones (and then add postage on) even though all of his books are still in print - yes I have been monitoring this generally with other sellers too for three years now.

Well, the planets have aligned and I have been successful with my lowly $10.00 bid. Okay I don't get it until Booking Sunday but who can wait that long to share the joy (and amazement) lol

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

We got sent this book in an email once... I like Jamie but a bit pompus...my absolute fave is the indigenous chef (I think he was on TV show black out)..if he has a book out, Im buying it...

Unknown said...

I got a Jamie email too but as I like to peruse a book I found it a bit useless lol

I actually have a dream (or more formally a plan) of asking Mark Olive to come and do a cooking group on a Wednesday ... just gotta find a way of linking in with him and appealing to his charitable nature. So agree - he is an incredible cook with a great philosophy towards food, particularly bush tucker .. and he is easy on the eye too :-)

Unknown said...

Just did a google - he does have a book out "outback Chef" which is great, but he is in WA which isn't so great for my plan ... sigh

I am ordering you a copy lovee (and one for me too of course) consider it another part of your non-reciprocal birthday present :-)

Whispering Walls said...

When you get it, could you post one of your favourite recipes?