Friday, May 23, 2008

Dinner Tonight

I haven't cooked wildly and lavishly in forever and as I appear to be in a cooking mood this week I though I would share what I am making for dinner tonight (I did have to work around the tastes of three juniors but I think it will suffice).
  • Lamb, feta and mint wrapped in filo
  • Oven baked chicken with olives and lemon (yes there is a bit of a Greek thing happening here)
  • Smashed potatoes with rosemary and sea salt
  • Eggplant rolls stuffed with ricotta (probably a bit more Italian than Greek)
  • Steamed green beans
  • Spicy roasted pumpkin
Now this is only in my head at the moment - although I gone to the grocery store so the shopping is presently strewn through the kitchen) - so I will take photos and write out the recipes once I have actually "invented" them lol.

Oh and I have a cheese and nibbly platter for sometime today/tonight - got 7 great cheeses plus olives and dips and pate and stuff and stuff.

I love to cook, I have people to who love to eat for and it is my last night on the mountain (for this time anyway) - what more could a girl ask for?

4 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Good God Women...how many are you cooking for, and dont start me on bloody eggplants...grrr... i wish the blonde and i could afford to get up the mountain..lol

actually finally going for a shop this arve, thought bella and I might do up a weekly menu plan first...was something josef and i got into when he was her age...probably cause i was so poor...lol

Unknown said...

Only 5 - 2 adults and 3 kiddlies :-)

Do you have eggplant issues like I have brussel sprout issues or am I missing out on something else? (they were delicious)

Unknown said...

BTW - a weekly menu plan/shopping list is an excellent idea whether you are rich or poor lol

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I love eggplants and could eat them daily... just had a trying experience this week... I talked to Bell on the menu idea and shes keen so I'll let you know how it pans out