Sunday, May 25, 2008

Farewell to the Mountain

Nairbe and family are moving from the mountain in the next few months and so will end that chapter (the mountain, not the friendships) of my life.

The mountain has been my special place, my escape from the world, my place to heal. I thought I would be more distressed at the loss of access to the space and, while I am a little saddened, that is about it. Could it be that I don't need to go somewhere to heal and be nurtured anymore because I am healed and nurtured?

Could it be that I now go there for fun and friendship? For laughter and deep conversations? And that I can do anywhere. I was Mountaingirl long before I found the mountain, and I will be Mountaingirl long after I stop visiting.

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Little sob, but I love that you can see the positives...and chickie your so right tis the people not the setting...tho tis a splendid setting to be sure

Unknown said...

Tis a beautiful place that is full of magic but I am thinking that someone else must be needing it far moer than me - and I have been able visit for over 5 years so I have nothing to really complain about :-) It's that door opening and closing thing lol