Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One of Those Moments

Had you ever had one of those moments (or conversations) that are so wonderful, so special, so funny that you just want to tell everyone but, in your heart of hearts, you know "you just had to be there" and as such it won't survive the translation?

I have one of them that I am burning to share but I have two choices: 1) I can share knowing it will fall flat (you just had to be there); or, 2) just keep it to myself and enjoy it for all its worth.

Sigh ... you just had to be there :-)

Image from Not A Long Shot- PhotoBlog

7 comments:

pita-woman said...

I have those moments FREQUENTLY!!
It especially irks me when I see something happening that is priceless, I take a picture to capture the moment, but then when I look at the photo, the moment, is totally lost... you just definitely had to be there to see it.
But go ahead, give it a whirl, share your story. Since we've all "been there" in such a situation, I think we can at least appreciate the moment.

Indigo-Daisy said...

go ahead, give it a whirl

Alison said...

Oh I have those moments with my kids ALL the time. Only I make everyone else suffer through the retelling of them, just because they crack me up. lol.
Go for it, I say!

Unknown said...

Oh I can't re-tell this one. I know it won't translate but, more importantly perhaps, I have realized that it will be revealing a side of me that only one other person on the face of the planet really knows exists - and I am not real sure the world is ready for it lol

Unknown said...

I can tell you another one of 'those' moments though - on Sunday night I woke up and was getting ready for work (I start at 9 pm on Sunday so I had slept as long as I could because I won't get home before 8 am on Monday morning) when I couldn't find my long line black top.

I hunted high and low before I realized I was looking for an item that was on my Stardoll site but didn't exist in the real world (yes I have been playing there a lot lately).

Unknown said...

hhmmm..the dead give-away was when you called it a long line black top dear

Unknown said...

you're right kyles lol