Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Been Baking


I have done another cake - this time for a 16th birthday. Taking the Graduation Cake as an inspiration, and a request for a chocolate and caramel combination, this is how it turned out.

This one has triple chocolate brownies as the first and third layer with a caramel mudcake as the middle layer. There was homemade caramel and milk chocolate between the bottom layers and chocolate fudge and dark chocolate between the top layers. The top has chocolate frosting around the side which is then sprinkled with a commercial chocolate decoration. The top is smeared with more of the caramel then the chocolate sprinkles and a Caramel Kit Kat crumbled on top of that. The shards are mainly dark chocolate although there are milk and white ones at the back. There are also mini-shards of milk and white chocolate piled on the front of the cake.

No I haven't tried it - I was on night shift and was heading home (and it would be faaaaar too sweet for me anyway) but technically it fit the original request so I assume that makes it all okay.

And I didn't use slave free chocolate (yes sometimes practical considerations overtakes ethical considerations ... sigh ...) so that's a downer for me and I am regretting that sincerely but somehow I justify it by the knowledge that I wasn't eating it and I would have been more limited into how much chocolate I could have packed in. Not sure that justification holds water but now I am pontificating and changing the nature of the post so I will stop :-)

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Damn, I think I just put on 5 lbs. reading the ingredients!

Whispering Walls said...

Death by chocolate