Sunday, March 16, 2008

The End of an Era

Yes the day has finally come, my coffee lake ... er, I mean 'mug' has sprung a leak and can longer be used for coffee. Yes, and before anyone asks, it is 'ideally' meant to be a soup cup but it works just as well for coffee.

So I will recycle it into a herb pot (assuming I can drill some holes in the bottom without totally destroying it - where did I put that masking tape?) and it will have a second life.

But what will I drink out of? I have two other coffee lakes in WA (hand painted from a craft show) but that is as useless as tits on a bull. And, knowing this day will come, I have been looking for another lake, but, to date, the search has been fruitless. Yes I could use some of my other mugs, including those given to me as gifts, but for a work mug, I want to make a statement. I want a lake.

The obvious thing is to contact a greenware shop, paint my own and get it fired - not that that is a bad option. Just not an instant answer :-)

Vale my coffee lake, you will be missed...

6 comments:

Jason said...

You using what is basically a soup-bowl for a coffee mug reminded me of an American TV show from long ago, The Beverly Hillbilly's.

There was this lout, Jethro, who would eat his cereal out of a giant mixing bowl...

Anyway, I'm not saying you're a "hillbilly" or anything like that...it just reminded me of that (which, btw I do both--use the giant mixing bowls for cereal AND the soup-cup for coffee). I drank oceans of coffee during NaNoWriMo.

Unknown said...

Yes I am over my momentary angst at being considered in the same sentence as a hillbilly (just) lol.

I really only drink coffee when I am at work and only even two cups ... well lakes, and pretty strong lakes at that. If I went to a regular cup, I just couldn't get my rationing right....

I shall move to peppermint tea (out of a regular mug) until the situation is resolved :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

RIP Coffee cup.. :(

Unknown said...

Thanks Miss A .... lol

Unknown said...

aawwww, don't ya hate it when that happens? i'll keep my eye out for a lake for you in my travels MG xo

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I know how you feel but I think it will make a very fine herb pot.