Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Guess Who Came To Dinner... Ahem, I Mean Coffee

Today I was treated, and I do mean treated, to a drop-in by Miss A, yes the Random Woman herself! My first official blog visitor :-) and friend from work visitor, and first Eastern States visitor and first non-family visitor (yes B counts as family)... (no I don't need to talk to Mick)

When I am not at work, I live a hermit-like existence at the best of times and while I love my friends very, very dearly, I equally love my space and time. And as I live in a different area to most, by no means in the middle-of-nowhere, but a little out of the way to the 'normal' commuter routes, the casual drop-in doesn't happen.

So I live in a tenuous balance of loving my space and privacy and enjoying friends coming over (no I don't need to talk to Mick about this) and today the balance was over-turned and Miss A "invited" herself over.

How delightful - coffee, chat and laughs - for hours not minutes :-)

And she brought Chelsea - how very beautiful. And I mean so beautiful that she didn't pee (not that that would have mattered) and I didn't need to wash my hands every two minutes - even though I was touching her (no, I still don't need to talk to Mick).

I am going to stop now because I have just re-read this and I think I need to talk to Mick or at least stop sounding like an anti-social psycho ...rofl

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh you do make me smile..I had brilliant day & am honoured to be 1st visitor, just glad I didnt catch you mid-paint mode...they are gorgeous ...

it is good for me to get out of my comfort zone...and for a town to visit, I have a soft spot for yours...

thank god Chelsea minded her manners...though I did forget water..

I had some beautiful laughs and its often the case that at work you dont get to just hang and yak...& boy is my personal life getting confusing for me to follow let alone the Goddess...lol

Thank you beautiful lady for having us, now I will have to climb the mountain, & forge the roadworks more often...actually the drive back was brilliantly calming & a pleasure in itself..

and no you dont have to see Mick just cause ya quirky & far from anti-social...but I may have to with this 'no phone' policy/or my love life (finally made a decision!)...ha ha

Unknown said...

well i was working hard while you two were playing ladies.... giggles... glad you had fun xo

Indigo-Daisy said...

How simply wonderful!

Tex's Missus said...

Oh, I'm so envious:) I don't have girlfriends to visit and hang with - I work with around 80 or so men and there are only a few girls other than me who work in the area, all of whom are young enough to be my daughter. I have found that Sydney people are not particularly friendly (or maybe having grown up in the bush, I am used to over familiarity !), but although I say hi to my one neighbour over the fence, that's about as far as it goes. Like you MG, I value my privacy and enjoy "me time", but a few friends would be nice. Maybe I need to get out and join a sporting/crafting/etc. "club" (oh, God, wash my mouth out with soap and water ....)

What a lovely, happy post - you two sound as though you had a delightful time.

Unknown said...

Well Missus, you could always come over for coffee with me - and I have herbal tea too :-) Or Miss A and I could get our stuff organized and come and take up your offer many moons ago for a bike ride and you could make coffee for us!