Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pearl Learns Patience

I rang the Department today just to generally inquire about the status of my change of name - just as well I did. Apparently the reason I gave, being "personal choice", was insufficient. There is a letter in the mail coming to explain all of this and requesting extra information but who can wait that long?!

So I have written out a letter and dropped it off to the post office just now. Total time involved from dialling the phone to returning home, 34 minutes.

And the additional miracle is that I made it to the Post Office in under 3 months. No I am not joking, I have such a hard time getting there in any sort of reasonable or even vaguely sensible time-frame.

So for all of those who have changed over already, thank you. To those making the effort, it's not official yet. And to those who don't want to change, well all of this is irrelevant lol.

Sigh ... so I am guessing another 10 days before anything is final. Patience is always a hard lesson to learn .. sigh ....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

can i still call you MG?

pita-woman said...

Love the new name... pearl makes me think of a fragile and delicate beauty.
You mean you have to have a more "valid" reason for changing your name other than "because you want to?" What a bunch of rubbish!

Unknown said...

I will always be MG! It is just that Peal is closer to MG than Raelene ever was ... Raelene actually still lives in WA, it was Mountaingirl that moved lol

PW, if I could add shy and retiring to "fragile and delicate beauty" it would sum me up perfectly :-) Maybe I am not really Pearl-like ... or maybe I am but I have a Mountaingirl as well lol