Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh Cramp/Crap

It started as an on and off thing over the past few days - really bad cramps down my sides. Annoying, painful but the world hasn't ended.

Then, when I was getting into the van after shopping for work this morning, my leg cramped so bad I wasn't sure what to do. Since then (I got home 4 hours ago) I have had 3 hours of excruciating cramps on and off in my legs and feet (never knew there were so many muscles - and I certainly never knew they could spasm so hard - feels like they are going to snap). Which means I have only had an hour of sleep.

I would love to say that I have been working out while lying down trying to get respite and that was the reason but no can do. I have drunk over 4 litres of water, and eaten salt (reasoning that they are the two main reasons for cramp). Not working so far. Just had another 500ml of water - will try to get some more sleep.

If all else fails, I blog :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had THE SAME since last night! Maybe it's some weird virus thing ...

Unknown said...

I hope you are right Anony. I didn't end up getting anymore sleep - tiny twitches had me on high alert for a re-occurance but at least it doesn't hurt anymore. Just don't understand what else could have caused it all...

Anonymous said...

My legs are mostly stiff right now but feel a bit 'dead'. Very strange ...

Unknown said...

oh girls..i hope you are both feeling better and i hope you have got some sleep MG, I worry about you girl...I did mention today that I thought your knee was playing up by the way you were limping, I hope you get some rest and relief soon xo

Unknown said...

You did mention that kyles - glad I didn't know what was to follow :-)

A bit the same as anony now - stiff is the word. And I pulled some muscles ha ha ha

And I have all tomorrow to sleep so all is well with the world lol

Anonymous said...

I think sleeping might be the answer ... I need to catch up also ;)

Unknown said...

Hmmm very weird but so very glad it is gone :-)

Anonymous said...

Haven't caught up on sleep yet ... still waiting ...

Good to hear you've been healed Mountaingirl :)