Sunday, March 9, 2008

Yippee!!

My hair has got to the stage where unless it is in two braids it mats within a couple of hours - and I am taking one big- scary- get- the- scissors knot. And while I am not the trendiest person around, I really don't want to go for the wholesome farm girl look.

So the decision that it had to go was almost made - it was just a matter of whether I chopped a inch off and obviated the problem for a few weeks or whether I shaved the lot off (literally) and started again - when I thought I would try a natural detangler in a last-ditch effort to keep the mane. The one I picked to try first was five drops of rosemary oil.

So last night I washed it and left it out to go to work. When I came home this morning I did tie it into a low ponytail because I couldn't stand it anymore. Then I slept on it for parts of today.

Now I have had my shower. Then, on towel dry hair I used eight drops because my hair is longer and guess what - it works! I don't remember the last time my hair *ever* brushed so well! And while the rosemary smell was initially a little strong, it has dissipated and it now smells better than the last conditioner I used.

Does anyone want to have a guess if I can use other flavors?

So while I still haven't moved to the other shampoo - I found another bottle - at least this part of the change to a chemical free environment is working really well :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean 'scents' and not 'flavours' don't you? Heehehhee

Unknown said...

Ummm, yes of course I do (doh ... how embarrassing) lol

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I want some...

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It sounds an excellent idea.

Unknown said...

Just tried mandarin oil - not quite as efficient as the rosemary oil but I am still very pleased with the results :-)

Unknown said...

i have no knowledge about these matters, so I'll just watch and learn from you MG, rosemary would be a bit strong me me, would lavender work?

Unknown said...

Lavender is my next trial oil kyles ... will let you know :-)

Unknown said...

wow, that almost makes me sound like i know what i said...lol... xo

Unknown said...

hey I am faking this so I am in no position to pull nayone up. Must find a book about oils - lots of recieps call for rosemary so I assume it has some aditional hair-friendly properties. I would like vanilla but all will be revealed in due course. Meanwhile I am having fun making my non-knotty hair smell just lovely :-)