Monday, March 3, 2008

Crash!

Yes my good intentions have crashed - not because I have busted by eating anything that I am trying to minimize but because my 'mini-flu' has hit. Yes on Friday, as well as getting the proverbial healthy kick-up-the-butt I also had my flu shots.

Complacently I danced about confident that I had missed getting sick. An almost 24 hour sleep yesterday should have been a hint. And then I awoke feeling nauseous this morning (but hey! welcome to my life, dismissed that sign too).

I had to go to Coffs and by the time I got back I had a fever, ached all over and couldn't even keep water down.

So what does one do in times like this when there is no-one here to make ginger tea or chicken soup, well blog of course. And as the computer is only a couple of feet from the bed, I can manage to roll myself over here.

Yes, this will all be gone tomorrow. Yes, I will not only live, I will flourish. I am just having my regular pity party - not because I am sick, but because it is the only time I regret living alone - did I mention that there is no-one here to make ginger tea or chicken soup?

On a positive note (yes, perspective is returning) I collected a heap of goodies from the delightful Miss K this morning as well as collecting my Ebay books from the best seller in the whole entire world. Now my seller usually chucks in a couple of extra books for me but this time she was having a big cleanup so the back seat of my car is literally overflowing with books - all for me :-)

Now I am not actually feeling up to going to go and get any of them - I left my phone in the car and had to get that and that put me back in bed for 90 minutes to recover - so I will just have to wait until tomorrow ... or maybe even later tonight if this passes quickly.

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Gees we are alike, I crashed during the night, and blowed if i could get to work..crawled back to bed and resurfaced around 2...No how you feel love... if its like mine it goes pretty quick...get well chick...maybe we should freeze some one size serves of chicken soup...ah to be that organised...x

Whispering Walls said...

Hope you feel better soon

pita-woman said...

You sound like me... one day I was bragging how everyone around me was sick & I had managed to avoid getting it, and the next day I had fever, couch, headached, chills & sweats.
Hope you feel better soon. Sending you mental cups of chicken soup.

Unknown said...

Yes the night has passed and I am feeling 90% better, a little achy still but I can live with that - and still much better to have it for one day than to get the real flu when it comes around :-)

Thanks all for kind thought and chicken soup .. and yes Miss A, I am making soup and freezing in individual portions today :-)

Anonymous said...

OH DEAR! I had better time my flu shot carefully. Pleased you recovered quickly!