Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Name



I have always hated my name, no not Mountaingirl - I like that one - but the one they gave me at birth. Consequently I have always (from the age of 12 anyway) wanted to change it but could never come up with an alternative.

Suddenly it has all fallen into place.

I told my Dad about the change and he was delighted - even suggested I changed my surname. I initially said no to that but thoughts fermented that very night and yes, the old surname is going too.

I say all of this because now that the decision has been made, any necessity in actually doing it somewhat dissipated but, thanks to Dad, I have been prompted into action.

I have been downloading bits to organize a birth certificate and, to my delight, have found out that if I change my name in WA (cos that's where I was born and registered) I not only don't need the birth certificate, but it is much cheaper and faster than doing it in NSW. So I am organized and will be posting it all tomorrow. Okay it will take a bit to get back to me but the thought has become commitment which has become action.

My new first name was suggested by Miss Weasley's daughters, the middle name is borrowed from Miss Weasley and the surname is self-explanatory. I think it has to do with the move, the commitment to become more "me", all of the other changes that I have been making.

It is happening!

Art form Lynne Neuman

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

What the? why would anyone want to change their name!!! ....

na I play with you love, I think its brilliant! your very brave...you will get used to it in no time...What a momentuous decsision, and how do you choose one when there are so many gorgeous ones out there...then their are so many meanings...

When I was in 6th class I told everyone my name was Barbara (ahhh for God's sake)...then at 18 I wanted to be known as Ricki Lee Scott...lol...thought that was very country and western...

Yu go girl!

Unknown said...

i can't keep up...lord give me strength...lol...xo

pita-woman said...

Can't wait for the "new" you.
I think at one time or another, we all hate the name we're given at birth. I mentally cuss my mother for my first name, especially when she told me what she had origianlly planned on which was Kelsey, which I absolutely LOVE! And as a kid, I cussed my father for my last name (believe me, if you'd suffered the abuse I suffered, at the barbs of my peers, you'd cuss too!!).
I say GO FOR IT Mountaingirl!!!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

well, congratulations! I think you're very brave...

Rob, Tiina, Loz, Zak & Anya said...

Good for you! It might take a little while for us to get used to the change, but we're so proud of you to have the courage to do this...

It's such an exciting change! A whole new beginning! How cool is that? It's also really cool that your Dad is there supporting you all the way!

So many people think about following their hearts but never "get around" to achieving their dreams.

Congratulations! We're thrilled for you!

You rock!