Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Whoops!

I am making a cheesecake for A & M and I have screwed up - I forgot to double the eggs. Crap!

Obviously I am having trouble getting it to set. I have turned the oven down low, will cook it for a while longer and will see what happens. It frustrates me when I do stuff like this. And, assuming it doesn't set, what do I do - I feel bad about serving second rate food to anyone (even though it will taste fine), throwing it out seems a waste but I don't want to eat it myself.

I know I play in the kitchen a lot, and I am okay that things don't work out when I am trying new things, experimenting or just having a go. I guess I am trying to say that I am not a perfectionist. But I have made this one a million times, it is dead easy and it is only my mistake that has lead to this point. Sigh ...

There goes a bit more sleep while I wait and see ....

5 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Ah crush it up and top a custard with it...top with some spoon wackin toffee...x

Unknown said...

abbey beat me to it, i was gonna suggest you whack some spoons together over the top of it and no-one will notice, they all be ooh-ing and aah-ing at the cool toffee, i'm just wishing my name started with A or M, I lurve cheesecake..lol

pita-woman said...

Well, I'm not a fan of cheesecake, but I'm sure once you throw some topping on it, it will be fine.
I hate when I make those kind of mistakes too, but by that same token, sometimes those little mistakes, like when we add something we shouldn've have, turn out to be great discoveries that just make it better!

Unknown said...

Well it all worked out just fine - didn't have to resort to toffee at all :-) Just took longer to cook. Yes I had a panic for nothing lol

Mind you I love the ideas - thanks ladies :-)

Campbell said...

Hi Mountaingirl,
Thanks for visiting me the other day.
A couple of days ago I was making an Angelfood cake. While I was folding the flour into the eggwhite mixture it suddenly 'flopped' on me. I've never had that happen before. I was fearful it wouldn't rise, but it turned out fine.
Fortunately I work at a place where they will eat almost anything, so if things don't work out as planned I take it to work and it goes!!