Thursday, March 6, 2008

For Wildcatters or the Very Bored

I heard the news that Scott Fisher (on the left) is heading back to the US.

I should probably pre-empt this post by saying that I am *really* out of contact with the Wildcats on ... well I was going to say a day-to-day basis, but really, I am just outa touch. I do know they were one day from the grand final this year.

For that reason alone I would assume that his contract would be renewed (June was the deadline) so I assume that he is heading Stateside for personal reasons (yes this post is based on speculation and assumption from someone who is outa touch).

Now there have been a couple of ups and downs in the last 20-odd years of his stay here. But who hasn't, in the last 20 years, had some ups and downs. I am guessing he would be in his late 40's (I could Google it but why let the facts get int he way of a good speculation) so his parents could be getting older - do they need his care?

It *really* interests me in why he is going home after all this time - his name, his money, his reputation have all been made in Perth - why go back and start again? Did he get an MBA or something (although I think he could still exploit that in Perth better than the States)?

I guess the obvious guess is that he has got a good coaching job over there ... no idea.... hmmm ....

2 comments:

pita-woman said...

Well, I'm not sure who Scott Fisher is, but initially when I saw the title of your blog, the first thing that came to mind was the Univ. of Kentucky Wildcats.
Guess I've been living in Kentucky too long.

Unknown said...

Oh no, never - and lets be real, there are Wildcats everywhere :-)