Monday, January 14, 2008

Under the Tuscan Sun

I am still working my way through this book but I couldn't wait until I finished before I posted it.

This book was obviously written just for me.

It follows and American woman and her partner that have bought a property in Tuscany (Italy). They live there for three months of the year - the summer specifically.

They renovate the house and the property. They live the Italian life, as opposed to the tourist version of the experience. They have fabulously simply food made from incredible, local produce (yes recipes are included).

It is a gentle walk through their days - similar to getting personal letters from a friend - or sharing a glass of wine while sitting on a porch watching the sun set and catching up on each other's news.

3 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Ahhh, no that is the story of my dreams MG; let me know when we leave and I'll pack :) (perhaps after the Meatloaf concert ??)

Unknown said...

We can just follow him around Europe and have the best of both worlds Miss T :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

It reminds me of the life our Welshcakes is living in sicly..I envy those that can just get up and live their dreams...