Monday, January 7, 2008

Mountain Girl's Tragedy


I started work at 9.00 last night and I wasn't due to finish until 10.30 this morning (with a 30 minute break of course) - it is a killer shift at the best of times.

I had been watching the Test and although there was only a few wickets to go, and plenty of overs, the last couple of days had been slow and not very interesting (not that I would ever say that about a Test Match). So, I decided to be a responsible employee and have nap before work - even though I wasn't really tired, but I was 'responsible'.

I tossed and turned a got a few minutes sleep over the next few hours and I guess that was okay.

I awoke to the news that Australia had won - with 7 balls to spare...

Doh!

It sounds so pathetic to say I knew the Aussies would win (and equal the record for Test Match wins) if I went to sleep - and if I stayed awake it would diminish into a boring draw. I know I really don't have that power. More like a case of Murphy's Law. But ... well, doh!

Today was going to be my last Sport's Report because I figured I really don't care about sport and the challenge of producing something vaguely interesting has been good, but I am not sure I succeeded. Now I realize I do care about sport (sometimes) and I never actually write anything here for the popularity so ... well the Sport's report will be back next week ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Email from Miss Weasley


Can't believe you really did the SPORTS REPORT!! Phenominal woman you are :) Well done!