Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Kulfi

The other item I have made is Kulfi (Indian icecream). Again I will post a 'serving' photo when I get to do the group :-)

Another VERY easy recipe - and the only reason that I have made it beforehand (rather than let the lovelies make it) is simply because of the freezing time.

If I was honest, I would say I tempted to make another batch today and just start eating but ... yes I will wait and just have a scoop tomorrow :-)

Kulfi

4 T sugar
3 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick, snapped in half
2 x tins evaporated milk
3 T cream

Add sugar, cinnamon and cardamom to the milk and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring and scraping the sides and bottom of the pan continuously. Remove from the heat. Remove the cardamoms and cinnamon. Mix well and leave to cool. Stir in the cream. Freeze.

This is based on a recipe by Camellia Panjabi. Camellia used saffron instead of cinnamon (which I didn't have) and poured her kulfi into special moulds whereas I used a plastic container :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMYUM love Indian food!

Tex's Missus said...

I've got to stop reading these posts ! I start craving the yum stuff I read about then all my thoughts of my healthy eating plan go out the window.

I'm definitely going to have a go at this recipe. Thanks MG !