Wednesday, January 30, 2008

&*$%@@@ Tradespeople

Okay I probably don't mean that but I am very frustrated ... no I am tired and grumpy and thoroughly pissed off.

My shower broke on Sunday. Being that it was a long weekend, I didn't want to call an emergency plumber so I waited until yesterday morning to report it (my choice - no complaints there). I called yesterday and then I waited and waited and waited ... for 5 hours. To be exact the lady said she would "send him around" and I figured he wouldn't be there immediately but the real estate agent does have a policy where tradespeople call and give you an approximate time. This was after doing a night-shift so obviously I had to sit up and missed out on sleep. I eventually rang back to find out that he was on a roof and would be by today. I let them know when I would be back from work.

I got back at 1, ready for my plumber - hot and sweaty and tired from doing a big lunch - me not him. No message on the machine or the mobile. I rang and I rang and I rang. He will now be here within the hour (apparently).

Now I am not complaining that he wasn't here immediately - it wasn't an emergency, not to mention that I am sure he had other work scheduled in. I also know I work shifts so tiredness in "regular hours" comes with the territory but I am mighty pissed off that he didn't have the courtesy to call and give me a time - service doesn't take too much energy but is worth its absolute weight in gold, and it certainly wouldn't have taken much on his part to make a quick call.

I also know I have the power to choose my reactions and I need to take responsibility for those but I am tired and sweaty and this man's inconsiderateness has ruined my favorite day of the week - my cooking Wednesdays.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay he has been and I am now wet and much happier ... oh but for a phone call :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

They drive me nuts, I dont care what it is one can at least call...oh and if you say your going to be there at 11...hello!! be there at 11...

Unknown said...

or if you can't be there at 11, ring and explain you have been held up (hey we all understand that) and give the new time!

Unknown said...

bloody tradespeople...i am married to a plumber and my bathroom waste has been slow to drain for....oh about 6 months now, about to call the opposition plumber in to fix it!!! grrr

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Gees ask MOTH whats up with my bathroom plumbing then...its like a boeing 747 motor is sucking the water out of my bath when i let it out....goes like a hundred mile and hour whirlpool, when it gets to the end its a massive slurp noise...

fair near freaked my chelsea out...

Unknown said...

You just can't win can you :-)