Saturday, January 26, 2008

Soupy Thoughts

Yesterday was wet and even a little cool so there was only one thing for it - make soup. I was hoping for a pea and ham but it isn't the season for bacon bones (no I didn't want to use a hock)
so I threw caution to the wind and made the soup on the pack (which I varied just a little).

Very quick, very yum....

Curried Pea Soup

500 g green split peas (cooked according to packet directions)
2 t curry powder
1 T butter
2 t chopped mint
2 chicken stock cubes
2 C water
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 C cream (optional)
Croutons (optional)

Puree peas in a blender. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in curry powder and mint. Cook gently for 2 minutes. Add crumbled stock cubes. Pour in the peas and add water until you get the desired consistency. Stir through cream. Serve with croutons - I used Turkish bread croutons.

1 comment:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Now that minus the stock cubes, add the ham bone..crusty white fluffy bread...Mmmm