Thursday, January 31, 2008

Love Is ....

When John passed I bought a locket to keep some of his ashes in. By the time we scattered the ashes I didn't need to wear them so I have just worn an empty locket ever since.

I opened the locket today (as I do every now and then) and I found this piece of paper - just a little piece of torn napkin.

Miss J-May and Miss J-Bear were playing with the locket in the airport but I didn't realize they had put something in it - although they did keep insisting that it shouldn't be empty.

So now I have a little piece of love inside my locket, and a little tear in my eye as I write.

Thank you my sunshines :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww...how sweet!

Indigo-Daisy said...

It was so wonderful to read your story about a locket filled with love.

I too have a locket in which I glued a little mustard seed inside. It reminded me of the biblical parable that if you have faith as small as a grain of mustard seed you can move mountains. When I was pregnant I was told I would miscarry my baby and this little locket gave me hope. The baby was perfectly healthy and he is now 15 years old and as stubborn as ever.

I found your post so touching and it brought back memories of hope.

-Deborah

Unknown said...

Oh I love the mustard seed Miss D - what a great way to go and face with world each day :-)

I am not sure how long my scrap of paper will last - not forever I am sure and I was thinking about askign the girls to periodically send me replacements but maybe I could think of another symbol when the time comes ....