Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Bear

When I was born I was given a teddy (appropriately named Ted) from my grandfather in England (or at least I think that is how the story goes). He is currently being fostered by the fabulous Miss C but suffice to say he was very, very loved when I was little. Much of his coat was worn away from cuddles and the growler apparently stopped growling after I gave him a bath.

Imagine my surprise when watching Bargain Hunt yesterday when 'my' bear went up for auction and got GBP110! Given the age of the program that makes it about AUD300.00! Now this bear was obviously loved, but not nearly as loved as mine and I shall NEVER part with Ted on a permanent basis but how cool to know that I have a 'brand name' (Chiltern) bear!

The pic is the closest I can find to my bear - you would think it would be easier to locate but you get the idea :-)

4 comments:

Tex's Missus said...

Awww, MG, what a lovely post. You wouldn't believe it, only two days ago I tore my house apart to find my old Teddy Bear - the one my dad brought to the hospital the day I was born. I've loved that teddy for 43 years and I actually cuddled him while I slept for the first 15 or so years of my life. Don't think David Dickinson would think much of him, but I love him to bits.

Anonymous said...

He's lovely!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Did you find it in the end Missus...I think thats why I need therapy..lol..I never had a bear, closest I had was a life like dog (pyjama bag) on my bed...when i wasnt allowed a real dog I put a lead on it and dragged it around the neighbour hood till all thought I was potty (got me a labrador though..ha ha)

Love your bear MG, and your love of them...but blowed if I understand it..smile...

oi have you finished the purple no. ..lovely peice of material that

Unknown said...

Aaargh, Miss A, now I begin to understand, the picture is becoming much clearer... :-)