Sunday, January 13, 2008

Anniversary


Well it has been another year since my John passed and I made it through the anniversary with no problems.
It gets easier each year, as it should, but at the same time I feel a bit guilty about it getting easier. I know my head tells me that life does go on, we don't mourn forever and it is all good (and I believe this) but my heart sometimes feels like it is betraying John because I have moved on.
Okay these are just fleeting moments and it isn't really an issue. I guess it just becomes more relevant on days like yesterday's anniversary. And it would be much more of a worry if I was still as messy as I was on the first anniversary :-)
Anyway Womble, you are gone but definitely not forgotten - hope you are having a ball wherever you are :-)

2 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Hey Chick, tis funny.I didnt think I would ever not feel pain each anniversary...or guilt for having lived.....but u do

The hardest is when Josef excells, orn reaches a milestone..

Then there are funny, out of the blue things, like seeing a gorgeous gum tree...this year was the first i forgot his birthday..

Time heals...thank god, and he would be proud of who you are...I bet hes havin a ball...lol

Anonymous said...

I just know 'Womble' wants you to have a ball also :)