Saturday, October 27, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

The delightful Miss K has tagged me to write down seven weird or random facts about myself so here goes:

1. My middle name is Joan after my Dad's aunt. I have hated it with a passion for most of my life but recently have I begun to reconcile myself to it.

2. When I was little I wanted to be a doctor. My next ambition, which lasted for a good many years, was to be a journalist.

3. My first job was working at the local swimming pool. I was a correspondent for a state newspaper when I was in high school.

4. I have never been able to grow poppies.

5. I have written two (unpublished) books.

6. My least favorite (read 'never to be brought into my house') vegetable is brussel sprouts. The only food I just can't eat (as opposed to don't want to) is candied fruit peel, dates, tinned salmon and fresh celery. They all make me immediately up-chuck.

7. My favorite singer, by many many miles, is Meat Loaf.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hhahhaaaa that last one is funny! Not that I'm laughing at you ... yes I'm laughing at you! HAHHAHHAAAA

Unknown said...

Oh the shame, oh the ignominy ... hang on ... okay Mr Meat contrasts with virtually every aspect of my life, my beliefs, my being but I can't deny it just as I can't make sense of it - he curls my toes :-)

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHHHAAAAA. (had to come back for more) Hhehheeeee.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Laugh, u woman of mystry...oh Anony she is so nuts on this man..Hey MG. I finally found that Meat song I loved...It's 'Blind as a Bat' ... It so reminds me of my Antonio, I'm going to scrap the whole song in an album...I love the lyrics...

"I wish that i could give you something in return for the precious time you wasted, on the tears Ive never earned. For reaching out to help me across the bridges I had burned"

God I'll be crying next...lol