Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Gazanias Teach Me

Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair... ~Susan Polis Shut
I planted the gazanias last year when I planted the first herbs. Admittedly they were just to fill a little hole and add some color until the herbs grew. Well the herbs grew much more vigorously than I anticipated so while the gazanias also contributed to the garden, I must admit I took then for granted - it is a herb garden after all.

And then I looked at my gazania on Monday - I mean really looked at it. I will never again ignore this little plant that has continued to grow and produce beauty despite me taking it for granted and not giving it the attention I lavished on everything else. Today, the flowers are gone - will there be another flowering this season, only time will tell. I there a life lesson in there?

No comments: