Sunday, June 1, 2008

New Favorite Artist


I so loved the painting that accompanied Friday's Quote that I have added Leonid Afremov to the list of "Artists I Like". I found Leonid's work on deviantArt but Leonid has another website here. Surprisingly, his prints are available for $1.95. Oh, this is sounding like a poorly written ad but I really just wanted to commend his work to you - it is so exciting and vibrant and alive. I just love people who can paint light and yes, you will be seeing more of it here :-)

Art: "In The Alley" by Leonid Afremov

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I am delighted that you found him too. When I am painting and when I am viewing paintings, the first thing that attracts me is color and contrast. I love the way colors make my eyes dance, cause me to dance inside. And that is what Leonid Afremov does with his art. His work is so alive.

Indigo-Daisy said...

I have to agree, this is simply beautiful, and when i saw your other post, it just jumped out at me like the painted wanted to just dance off the screen. Simply glorious!

Unknown said...

Have you heard of him before Vickie? You are sounding knowledgeable lol. Not that I can disagree with anything you or Deb have said - his paintings just dance :-)

pita-woman said...

Love the colors!!