Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cooking Days

It was cooking group day and I leaned out on a very thin limb and set the theme as "vegetarian". Now I am pleased to report that the sky didn't fall in, nor did any of the lovelies collapse at the lack of meat in a meal - in fact they even ate some of it - the staff knocked off the rest lol.

So the menu was:
  • Two Potato Soup
  • Mushroom and Walnut Scrolls
  • Vegetable Strudel
  • Wendy's Zucchini Slice
  • Caramelized Onion, Olive and Feta Tart
  • Layered Potato Cake
  • and
  • Curried Vegetable Burgers (which we served as a fritter)
All recipes have been posted on the work blog YesWeCanCook.

As you can see I also skillfully avoided including tofu and all other 'contentious' vegetarian options that were bound to just push the 'acceptable food' boundaries that little bit to far lol.

Next week we are doing Chinese again, even though I did explain (quite explicitly) that it wouldn't taste like the local Chinese restaurant because we weren't going to use packaged sauces and we were going to look at more regional food options. I guess that means that the sky might still fall next Wednesday ... I will keep you posted :-)

4 comments:

Alison said...

LOL! We are vegetarian and the sky hasn't fallen in for weeks!
Glad the theme was a success :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm you won me with mushrooms and walnuts, my faves...x

pita-woman said...

The soup, strudel and tart (minus the olives) all sound dee-lish!!

Unknown said...

With big-noting myself, I was plesed not only with the recipe selection, but that they all turned out rather well - and the lovelies got a new view on vegetarian food :-)