Sunday, June 1, 2008

Magic Moments

I started to count my magic moments for this week but they all seemed to be revolved around cooking but, in an effort to step out of what could be a regular habit, I am choosing 'having my car repaired' as this weeks MM.

Now I was hoping for it all to be a $30 problem (hey a girl has got to dream) but $155 is close enough - and much better that the four-digit numbers that appear in nightmares :-) Okay so there is a bit more to be done but it is all okay - and affordable.

Part two is when I went to collect the car the owner was telling me about the test drive one of his workers had done - culminating in a little bingle. Before I could say anything he showed it to me and assured me it would be fixed. I am not sure what he was expecting me to do but when I just nodded with an "okay, that would be great" he nearly fell over backwards. Twice while I was paying and organizing the final bit of my transaction (fuel filter in the tank needs to be changed) he again apologized and I reassured him that while I love my car, it was still drivable and is only "stuff".

I am guessing that people would sometimes have a very different reaction but I ask myself why - after all we all make mistakes, and the business has apologized and it is going to be fixed . Anyway, it gave me my Magic Moment for this week :-)

7 comments:

Alison said...

Anything under a four digit bill from a mechanic is a magic moment, in my opinion!
My MM this week was also my "inspiration" today :)

Robert said...

In todays EFI world, I wouldnt consider a new fuel filter as just "stuff"- its replacement would be a lot more necessary than bingle repairs to keep your vehicle functional, but do think that the bill was modest (considering that his insurance excess will most likely be tripple that - :-)

Unknown said...

The car is the "stuff" Robert :-) And yes I am dreading the fuel filter bit but that is a necessary evil I have avoided up until now so I guess I can avoid it no more - well i will go for a few weeks if I can lol

I am assuming he will organize a swap of some sort with the panel beater a couple of doors down to repair the bingle but that is up to him really :-)

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Must be a week for cars chick...glad yours is ok, and love your attitude to the ding...I'd be screaming...lol

Indigo-Daisy said...

Seems to me you gave someone else a magic moment too. What a lovely thing to do.

Robert said...

OOPS - Abbeys on a soapbox again ? :-) some things in life you just have to accept as a part of life, and if the end result means no real loss, then just accept things as they happen (But " Oh no, not the Princessmobile" would be loud and clear from Woopi -lol)

pita-woman said...

Your reaction to the incident is awesome. I'd no doubt have thrown a fit... or else had to keep the husband from going there and committing mayhem on the culprit. ;)