Sunday, June 29, 2008

Handy Website

I have just stumbled across the Cook's Thesaurus and thought I would share.

It describes itself as "a cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions. " And it actually is.

I am presently researching recipes from the Szechuan region of China and have found this invaluable for looking at what new ingredients are, getting some information about them - and finding out what I can substitute.

Very handy indeed :-)

5 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I would like a copy of that.

Unknown said...

It's a website Welshcake so click away :-) I have spent an hour or so with it and haven't even touched the proverbial sides :-)

Indigo-Daisy said...

I will check it out! Thanks for the link.

Robert said...

Sounds waaay to deep for us mere mortals struggling with "The Commonsence Cookbook" - lol

Unknown said...

No Robert, not at all - it explains weird things like what arugala is (rocket) or canteloupe (rockmelon) as well as making lots of complex things very easy. It is worth a look - promise :-)