Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nearly A Real Woman

I got mistaken for a Netball Mom yesterday - another step towards womanhood (yes I have attended a Tupperware party).

It was an easy mistake - a woman from the club was distributing flyers to all of the adults on the sideline.

I admitted honestly, openly and immediately I was just a guest (although my heart did a skip at the complement - we barren, single woman miss out on little things like that - I am certainly not out to misrespresent my role in the family of my friends, nor do I want that role to change in any way. But it was a lovely little moment nonetheless :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Netball? Is that like Basketball?

I'm not a sports person (by any means) but I find non-American sports to be endlessly fascinating (example: hate football but would love to learn to play Rugby).

Anyway, if that picture accurately represents this "netball" then it looks like Basketball (minus the backboard). Interesting.