Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hmmm

A friend has told me some news recently. My friend is very happy with their news - and it certainly isn't bad news, nor it is detrimental to them in any way. I was a little surprised but genuinely pleased when I heard this news.

So why can't I get it out of my head? Why is it going around and around? What I do I keep saying to myself "yes, but ..." and not really coming up with anything after that.

I do a little self-analysis: am I worried that this news will change the friendship somehow, am I jealous, do I think it all might go pear shaped, am I projecting something from my own life? No I don't think any of them apply but surely the answer must be in there (this is my issue after all) somewhere but I still have no clarity.

I just gotta get out more ... sigh ...

2 comments:

Robert said...

Good friends (Mates for us blokes) can move slightly out of your lifes orbit occasionally, when they change direction in life (through relationships, marraige, kids or a multitude of different reasons) but a true friend will eventually come back into your lifes orbit, so "chin up Charlie Brown", and let Snoopy handle the Red Baron :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Robert ... I know I am thinking way to deeply about it all (almost to the point it is tying me in knots) but this was exactly what I needed to hear. Charlie Brown is lifting her chin :-)