Saturday, June 14, 2008

First Kiss

My first kiss wasn't really my first kiss but it is the one that I count as my first.

It was the night of my 16th birthday and G joined us at the movies (The God's Must Be Crazy). He sat next to me. I had liked him since I was 12. He had apparently thought I was 15/16 then so asked my Dad could he take me out - and G, so the story goes, nearly died when he found out I was just 12, especially as G was 19 at the time lol.

Anyway I spent half the movie trying to figure out how I could 'accidentally' make physical contact with this man, to let him know that he was still oh so special when I eventually gave up and just dropped my arm on the armrest - to find his directly underneath! He wrapped is fingers around mine and yes, we held hands for the rest of the movie.

I don't quite remember what happened when we got home, I know it would have involved at least a cup of coffee with the folks (after all of these years G was definitely in the 'family friend' category).

Then it was home time and I was nominated to walk G to his car. So on a cloudless night, with the stars shining ever so brightly, we hugged and we talked. And then we kissed - his arms firmly around my waist, his lips on mine. Yes my legs turned to jelly and my heart skipped a beat and he just held me tighter.

I have never experienced any kiss so powerful since, nor has any other kiss ever made my knees go weak.

4 comments:

pita-woman said...

LOVE those moments!!
"Firsts" are special, no doubt about it!!

Robert said...

Ooooohhhh - you NAUGHTY girl you - who would have thought that MG could have been so NAUGHTY at that age - lol

Anonymous said...

Awe... that was beautiful MG

Jennifer said...

love the story!

my first kiss was spin the bottle in 6th grade... not very romantic, just SCARY!